Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grace Notes

I have recently arrived home from a trip to Kolkata where I lived for three weeks in a community of 70 teenagers and teachers from Australia called the Pilgrimage of Hope. An important part of the journey for me was the daily encouragement to notice a moment of grace. This is easy enough to do in India, a country of paradox where grace dignifies decay and clemency calms the chaos. My challenge is to notice a daily moment of grace in affluent Australia where it has been so commodified by advertising agencies. Does genuine grace survive materialism? I will find out.
Grace nourishes the soul and reminds us of the enriching qualities of tenderness and beauty. I will endeavour to note one such encounter every day and post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment